Dr. Ronald E. McNair Elementary School   Logo
Principal Mission/Vision Curriculum Specialist Staff / Teachers School History School Safety Photo Album Download Forms Newsletters Previously Featured Staff Contact Us STEM Lab News Student Council
Transitional Kindergarten Kindergarten First Grade Second Grade Third Grade Fourth Grade Fifth Grade SDC
ASES Program Bell Schedule Parent Center SSC ELAC
Nurse ASES Library
School Menu

School History

McNair Elementary School was constructed in 1952 and is located at 1450 W. El Segundo Boulevard, Compton, California. The site consists of 11.5 acres, and is comprised of 7 single story permanent buildings 14 portable classroom buildings. There are a total of 35 classrooms available for curriculum needs.

The first four portable building were reported to have arrived on site in 1997 with seven arriving in 1998 and the final few arriving by mid 2001.